I got about three hours sleep after the news related that they expected low-impact on O'ahu . . . that was the signal to me to get some rest. I don't get hysterical about these things, because:
- My Faith is firm . . . I believe God when He says He is my refuge and strength; that He will rescue me; that He has plans for my future welfare, to prosper me and guide me; I just trust, knowing that He intends me for His life, not to stick around in this one.
- I have a good life and I don't have any regrets
- I have to die some day - I'll do what I can to not die earlier than I'd like, but bottom line: there isn't a whole lot you can do on and island w/ big wave coming at you and knowing how to swim isn't much help; I'm in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - the ocean will win in that case.
- I have a pretty good sense of humour and sense of reality - just 'cos I don't like my impending death doesn't mean I don't know it's a given so I may as well laugh a bit
11 comments:
So glad to hear you are OK!
I have to die some day - I'll do what I can to not die earlier than I'd like, but bottom line: there isn't a whole lot you can do on and island w/ big wave coming at you and knowing how to swim isn't much help; I'm in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - the ocean will win in that case.
Well, in that case, just let us know when you've died, ok?
:-)
Glad to hear you and your family is fine.
So, Hawaii got a pretty good jump start to Lent: "you're gonna die eventually, maybe even from a big wave today, so get right with God."
So glad to hear you didn't get swept away. God bless you all.
So happy to hear you are fine! :-)
YOU ARE ALIVE!! Glad to hear.
If a wave was coming over my head I would still grab a cheap life-jacket from the shed and slap it on my and the kids. Find a tree and hang on!
You are funny!!!
Whew...you were the first person I thought of when I saw Hawaii on the news...well...you are the only person I know in Hawaii. Yes, in my prayers and I love your attitude Sarah : )
This morning the first thing hubby said when we heard the news was, "What about your friend in Hawaii?"
I told him no self-respecting wave would dare to bother you - and I was right! Oh wait - I'm always right. ;-)
YES. YES> <3
so glad you and yours are fine!!!
sleep well, dear friend.
xo.
Glad all is well in Hawaii! I didn't realize you had changed blogs! Thankfully, Dawn mentioned you on her blog and now I've found one of my fav reads again!
Glad you are safe, Sarah. I sent up a prayer for everyone in Hawaii when I heard about the tsunami, and especially for you and your family. I am heartsick about Japan.
So glad all is well with you! Cathy
Post a Comment