Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where In the Heck Is Everybody?

Did just about everyone leave blogging for Lent?  Or are people not commenting when they come by here?  I must be dull as a paper knife.  Huh.  *wink*

You know, y'all who stop blogging for Lent make me suffer more.  So, thanks for the sanctification!  *wink*

I'm enjoying my Lenten journey with In Conversation with God by Francis Fernandez.  He's Opus Dei if the day is long, because many of his quotes are from St. Josemaria Escriva.  I love it!  In fact, after Lent is over, I'm going to re-purchase Josemaria works, because I gave them all away . . . I wanted to share and I was moved by the Spirit to do so.  That happens often, so, I strongly believe God is working in me to be generous, but also to not be attached to things . . . especially books, of which I can be quite covetous of!  I saw on Amazon that there's a book of The Way, Forge, and etc. in one volume.  It's on my wish list.  I also would like to read his sermons.

Christian will be working on his final exam for quarter three today.  English.  I think I'll be close to ripping some hair with scalp attached (above the ears) today.  We find English to be quite frustrating in this house.  I will likely never understand diagramming.  I hate it with a passion!  It makes me feel damn dumb so I hate it.  There.  I'm happier and healthier having said that.  Fortunately, Christian has more a rudimentary grasp of it and it does not make him wander the corridors of la-la land for hours on end.  He does okay.  I'm the only one needing a psych ward beforehand.  Ha ha ha!

I'm enjoying stitching a tiny flower for Regan.  I'd made one for her before and sent it off . . . apparently to someone else!  Ha!  Well, this one just needs the back stitching and I'll manage that easily today.  I'm chuffed to bits to get it done.  It's also lit a fire under my feet (figuratively speaking, of course!) to finish the stitching for Dawn, which is a much larger piece and could have been done by now (except I have an exceptional case of procrastination most days).

Tomorrow I'll be having lunch with a friend.  Friday I'll pop by another friend's house (and snuggle her babe).  Friday night is some function for Dan's work . . . I don't like these things, but I love my husband so.  So . . . anyway, the good thing is that Saturday morning we'll, as a family, attend a day Lenten retreat at the Benedictine Monastery.  I can't wait!  Teenie will be the photographer and I'll share pictures Sunday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I have been keeping low and not doing much blogging. Most of my posts are scheduled for Lent since I shared inspirational readings. I have been so darned tired lately I just stop by some blogs without commenting. So I am here dear and reading...just not saying much : )

Anonymous said...

I'm here! I've also noticed a dearth of comments - except for last week when my uncle was facing the death squad. Readers ARE out there.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You know, when I was learning to diagram I found making it a game was helpful. Or it became a mystery to solve. I realize that as a life experience it ranks very low on the totem pole. My kids didn't like it either but when I told them it would be like Indiana Jones in search of the Holy Grail they at least didn't grimace too much. Wishing you luck and may the best diagrammer win (diagrammer is not a word! ;o) ) Cathy

Barbara said...

I've noticed fewer comments as well, so if you're dull as a paper knife, so am I!

Mary N. said...

I think a lot of people take breaks during Lent. Not me, my mind has just been blank :)

I can relate to the book thing - I buy way too many!

Christine said...

I am here...just hanging with my kiddos over spring break.

Jamie is somewhere in Mexico!!!

would type more but a son and baby are bugging me!

Suzanne said...

You know me! I read you all the time. I have not been posting. I actually thought I would last night, but didn't. I have alot going on right now. Eventually, I will get to one. I was going to post notes from my retreat and I do still have them! Deciphering is the key to that. I didn't write them straight out. Silly woman.
Diagramming..hated it in school...was good with making a challenged of it when I homeschooled and actually learned alot more then. A couple of my kids actually told me that they believe they were better at remembering to use this when writing papers..putting things in the right places and learned to love using lots of adjectives..don't ask me why..I don't question these things, but apparently, there is still the belief out there that diagramming a sentence is good for us! LOL!
Love ya...I'm going on a day retreat in April!

Maurisa said...

I've finally added your new blog to my sidebar of favorite blogs. All is right with the world! Now to peak at your photos of Molokai!

Suzie L. said...

I'm still reading, too! But it's been sooo hard to fit in the time to comment. I'm not sure where all 'my time' went, but it seems to be filled ... dealing with a resistant teenage learner, a newly minted reader who still needs most directions read and an exuberant toddler who learned to walk and climb much too young. BTW, loved the post about Moloki!