So far today I have managed to clean the downstairs bathroom, pick up a framed picture I bought before I left, shopped at the commissary (uff da!), and took Christian to his orthodontist appointment. Oh yes, and stopped by Bed Bath and Beyond for two boxes of regular coffee k-cups, because in my absence my older two children decided to become 'regular' coffee consumers. They left me four Jamaica Me Crazy regular coffee k-cups and four Breakfast In Bed k-cups.
I do need to cut back, though. I was, after all, in Seattle. Well, on Bainbridge Island (to be specific) . . . where there literally are many coffee shops (including Starbucks). I also went into Poulsbo (Little Norway) and Kingston/Hansville . . . where there are little mum and pop coffee shops all over the place. Wow. Anyway, I've had one cup of regular coffee this morning and one decaf.
Yes, I do have an headache. But, I'm glad glad glad to be home!!!!
On my mum: her recovery is going well. Her shoulder did not need surgery, thank God. If so, I would have (with my siblings) agreed she would need to recover from that in a nursing home (mentally, this would have done mum in, we all believe - she has a dreadful, irrational fear of being stuffed into one for the rest of her days; which, is tempting to say the least, at times . . . ahem ahem ahem, oh heavens!). Okay, so that didn't need to happen. They wanted her to recover from her heart scare/shoulder in a nursing home but she went
She was sooooo surprised.
I hope that in the coming days she won't start complaining I didn't do nearly enough for them while I was there, but knowing her the way I do, it's inevitable. Personally, the more ornery she is, the healthier I know she will be. So, it's not such a bad thing then.
God is good all of the time. Amen.
8 comments:
Welcome Back, Sarah! I missed ya!
Glad your mom is doing ok! Try to take it easy for a couple of days....don't overdo it trying to get back into your routine! Isn't it nice to come HOME!!
Thank the Lord! Nancy is right...take your time and ease back in...we will be waiting for you. ~Theresa
Hey kid. Good for going to your "mum" - I'm glad she's okay. Moms tend to turn into kids as they get older. In so many ways.
Smell the coffee!
God bless.
snort snort snort....I AM GLAD you are back safe and sound. Glad you had a good time with your family.
You did good! I'm smellin all your sweets here in Indiana! Stop it, will ya? LOL! ;)
Uh..oh, I just read what Alexa said up there...I hope I'm not too much of a kid later..I just now sort of grew up! LOL! Sort of, I said...
Welcome back, Sarah! So glad things are okay with your mom. It's always good to get home again.
Welcome back, Sarah! It's good to hear that your mom is doing well. Lots of older folks get a bit ornery - my dad included :)
Post a Comment