If you pray for the entire community, then the prayer of the community will come back to you. This is because you form a part of the whole. So you can thus obtain great benefits. The prayer of each member of the People of God is enriched by the prayer of the rest. - St. Ambrose, Treatise on Cain and Abel, 1
This passage in "In Conversation with God" was important for me to read today. I ask you all to pray for me as I endeavor to quit using credit cards and make better judgments about our budget and spending. I have two plastic death cards . . . I want to cancel them, but I'm afraid that if I do that the banks that own them will do something stupid, like raise my interest rates or something. You know, penalize me for trying to square my debt and not stay in their noose by my own choosing. It's a choice to be in debt, and they love it when we stay there.
I don't. I need to change. I need your prayers!
The first step is to recognize the danger and decide to make amends. I've checked that box today!
The second step is to stop using them. I've checked that box, too! They are not in my purse! They are somewhere else.
I do not need three quarters of what I buy with those stupid things. The stuff around me is another kind of noose. Y'all know what I mean.
I need you to pray for me to be strong . . . to trust that God will fill the holes in me: the boredom hole being the biggest one.
Thank you!!!
6 comments:
I will pray for you. Hope this "change" you are reaching for is God's will for your soul, heart and family.
Praying for you, Sarah.
Prayers and ask you to pray for me too..esp. today, pray for the son..he may not have to go to court anymore after today...he be willing to make every effort to stay out of trouble and God willing that Guardian Angels keep surrounding him powerfully...One Day At A Time...and like me and you..One Shopping Experience At A Time, eh? :) Love ya bunches!!!
Suz
Dear friend -- yeah for you! Consider cutting those bad boys up, or at least one of them. You can do this! When I set my mind to it, I find living with fewer things is a fun challenge. Will put your "special intention" on the beads.
Sarah, this has always been an issue for me, too... we're 'off' credit cards now, but I still sometimes buy things for emotional reasons, you know? I need to focus on prayer more, and HIM.
So, I'll be praying for you, if you'll be praying for me! Baby steps!
Also - if you start listening to the Dave Ramsey show, you'll be inspired!! My son LOVES that show!
Thanks for all your prayers!
Post a Comment