Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween (Daybook Edition)

Outside my window . . . it be dark, because I am cheating and typing this at 10:28pm Sunday night (I have to cut something out of my busy morning and sitting here is "it").

I am thinking . . . about how fun holidays can be if folks relax a little.

I am thankful for . . . keeping my nerves calm while successfully sewing a Link elf cap for my daughter.  See?

Yes, it drapes all the way down her back . . . it is simple and she has posted on FB that she "loves it" . . . I feel grand about that; absolutely chuffed to bits.

From the lesson plans . . . quarter two is chuggin' along and there's not much to say about it.

From the kitchen . . . I hope to bake sugar cookies tomorrow, because it's fun.

I am wearing . . . pj's (remember, I am about to go to bed . . . but tomorrow, I promise to be dressed in jeans and a tee-shirt . . . then my costume).

I am creating . . . taking a break . . . reading instead of stitching.  I go in spurts, and I just want to go with that rather than let it stress me out.  Hobbies are fun, not stress factors. 

I am reading . . . "Faith".  I'll write more about this later.

I am hoping . . . that everyone has a safe and happy Halloween, whether you "celebrate" it or not.

I am hearing . . . the house creaking as she settles in for the night. 

Around the house . . . tomorrow I'm cleaning downstairs (easy, if I don't procrastinate), baking sugar cookies and having fun.

I am going . . . maybe a quick trip to Hickam's commissary and the AAFES (Army/AirForce/Exchange).

One of my favourite things . . . laughter and dressing up in costumes.  I really would love to get involved in community theatre at some point in my life. 

I am praying for . . . Evy Rosebrook and family.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . just an appointment at Tripler on Tuesday . . . other than that, nothing - and I'm loving that!

Thought for the day:

"Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world."- Minerva McGonagall

Whom I will be dressed up as (best as I can) for Halloween.  A picture or two for you:




NOX.

5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I have no idea who you are dressed up as, but you look super!

Christine said...

Totally cool costume. Happy Halloween!

Allison said...

BEYOND adorable!!

Suzanne said...

So creative! I understand that our church..St. Charles, put on plays every few months or so. At the time there was a stage in our Parish Hall under that church..that room is a large meeting room now...but anyway, they wore lots of makeup and costume and did plays about the faith and the photos I have seen..boy they really looked authentic and sincere about this...my friend's mom and dad were involved and she said they were very very good and had a blast doing this. The pastor at the time was totally for it. Sad
it ended...I think it is a grand idea! Go for it..you'd be really good..I can tell!

JennB said...

You're so saucy, Sarah! Love the costume photos!

Also, I really admire you for sewing that elf cap for your lovely lassie... I can't sew in a straight line to save my life! Good mummy!