I pulled a muscle or two (or several?) in my lower back on Wednesday afternoon. I don't remember a particular moment of ZAP! and it happened, but when I bent over to finish cleaning the toilet, I started to feel it catching. Ach du libre!
I have never had any issues with my back, so I'm grateful for that now that I know what it is like! I cannot lie on the floor - it's disgusting and disgustingly boring (I can't hold a book up to read, I can't watch the telly; it's just "being" and I only want that kind of being when I want that kind of being!!!!!) So, I go between lying on my bed where I can watch a bit of telly or read (for about twenty minute stretches) or sitting (the most painful thing to do - really!), and walking about.
It's really rather ridiculous. The first night, I laughed and the pain peaked before bed. Yesterday morning it was a bit rickety, but manageable. By the time I went to bed last night I was actually hopeful I'd wake up almost good as new, as I was feeling that much better!
Alas! Today it is much like the "peak" moments of that first night. I just took 1000 mg of extra strength Tylenol. If it's like this at all tomorrow, I'm going to have Dan take me to Trippler for some big gun drugs. I think I can take it. The pain, that is. I really do. I have thus far, and, I think I can continue to.
As long as I keep my sense of humour.
6 comments:
Oh, Sarah, so sorry you are down right now!!
Praying you get better soon!!
Great job on the weight loss!!
Hope you're starting to feel better, Sarah. I have gotten great relief from back pain from a chiropractor. In fact, I used to have back pain every day until I went to him. Now it rarely hurts and when it does I go get an adjustment and it's over. Hope you're getting some relief.
Thanks, Jamie!!
Rosemary- is chiropractic good for muscular spasms/injury? My insurance will not pay one dime toward it, so I'm not "sold" that is the direction I need to go. Also, this is my first experience with such a thing. After I took Tylenol, I was able to move better . . . so I will keep taking that until I can see my doc on Monday (if I keep having pain).
I'm really weary of drug-taking, to be honest, but I will take a "relaxer" if I have to.
Back pain is awful mostly because time is really the only thing that heals. Don't take too much tylenol. Not good for the liver. Use ibuprofen which you can take in higher does (800mg) with no long-term effects. I've had muscle relaxents but the only thing that really helps is time. I've had it so bad I've been stuck in bed and unable to move without the most intense pass-out kind of pain. I always say when your back hurts nothing is right. Praying for you!
Barbara - I will buy some Motrin tomorrow. I realized that I had bought Advil PM (I refuse to take sleep aids and wasn't paying attention to the label). I've only taken the Tylenol once. This evening it has loosened up a bit (like last night) and I'm just trying to take it easy/slow and give it time. :) Thanks for the tips and the prayers (all of you ladies).
Sarah, yes, a good chiropractor can do wonders for muscle spasms/injuries. It'd be good to have a recommendation from someone though. I know some people just don't believe in chiropractic. All I know is they have sure taken care of pain for me and members of my family. (And this experience was before my son-in-law started chiropractor school :-) Our insurance didn't pay for it either. But for me? It was worth every penny. Hope you get some relief soon!!
Post a Comment