Thursday, June 16, 2011

Words from In Conversation With God

Poignant, really, so I reckon it is worth sharing . . .

But often, unfortunately, the true point of reference for us is not God, but ourselves.  Hence the necessity for this continual effort to immerse ourselves in God, to be attentive to his least requirement, avoiding self-centredness in our thoughts, or at least keeping them directed to God by doing some good works specifically for him, or offering them up as sacrifices.  (p. 613, volume3, Francis Fernandez)

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I LOVE "In Conversation with God." Someone gave me the entire series as a gift. I don't get to it every day but at least a few times a week. I always feel like it has give me some very pointed spiritual direction. Such a blessing

Christine said...

Interestig post about drinking. I love a good wine with a steak with my hubby. I love a cold beer by the lake. Then I am good. My luck...I would have a few too many...a kid would bonked his/her head...would need some stitches...I would drive and get a DWI.

We are going to a family reunion tomorrow where the drinks flow fast and my DH and I were talking that we have 5 kids and too many responsibilites to drink. Unlike my old aunts and uncles and young couins.

Drinking a little too much just makes me sleepy.

Would still lub to have a cold beer with you someday!