Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm Closing Down and Saying Adieu!

A local (on island) friend of mine won the book on Downton Abbey (in case anyone was wondering). 

I am tired.  The reason I blog is to get feedback.  Some of you are alright with few, if any, comments, but not me.  I know I don't write politics, happy-all-the-unrealistic-time mom at home w/ the kids etc., posts, but I can't.  It's not me.  I love to write, but I think I'll stick to a diary from now on.  With the advent of Google reader, many of you claim laziness to commenting (and, I understand).  I even tried harder to comment more often on other blogs lately.  And, many of the blogs I was reading are gone now . . . or posting so seldom, I forget to check back.  Oh, well. I'm running out of time to do real life so this has to give (since the payback is very little).  It's not any one thing or anyone, really.  Just me.  The tides are changing and I think I'll go for a swim.

Wishing you all God's best blessings.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Why don't you take a break for Lent and review your decision.

I think I want to quit every other day...

Larry Denninger said...

Sarah-kala - you'll be missed.

Thanks for being a friend and supporter. Hope to see you at AoftheA still!

God bless.

Jamie Jo said...

I like Adrienne's suggestion.

I understand, but you will be missed.

I admit, I rarely comment except to a couple places. It's a time thing with me.

I'm sorry to see you go. God bless you and all you do!

Kalona said...

I'll miss you! If you change your mind and come back to it later, I'll be here reading. Hugs!

Mary N. said...

Wishing you all the best, Sarah. I seem to find myself off the computer more than on lately and I can relate to your words here. Blogging is a funny thing - at times I'm all gung ho about writing and at other times I have to step back because it interferes with my (real) life too much. Sometimes a break is enough to put me back on the right track. It's not that blogging isn't real too, it's just that it's not as real as what's planted right in front of me.

May God bless you in a special way this Lent.

Lisa said...

I've been on the verge of quitting the blog world so many times, too -- and for the same reason very often. A friend of mine says she thinks that Facebook has "stolen" the blog commenters. FB is all about quick soundbytes and quick turn-around. Blogging is more time-consuming, more thought provoking for both the writer and the reader, usually. But, in my opinion -- more worth the time spent, too.

I've been bad about "visiting around" just because my life has been so hectic... (that was my excuse), and I've continued my blog sporadically as a personal catharsis -- but have missed the "spark," the creative fun, and original thought of my blogging friends. So, I'm back around -- waving ((Hi!)) :0) I hope you continue on with your blogging. (And come to visit me, too. Heehee!)